"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who do not."

Monday 21 October 2013

Excel 2010 - More than you think

Over the last week I have been delivering Excel 2010 Intermediate training for a local training company based near Telford.  Although I have been using Excel 2010 since it was introduced, it always amazes me that, every time I deliver some training, I find more and more useful features, short-cuts etc. that are new to me.  It is very easy to think that you know a particular software application really well and that there is little else for you to learn - I would beg to differ.  You may be happy using a software application such as Excel 2010 in a particular way but, the chances are, there may be a much more efficient way of performing the same task.  Remember the old adage "You don't know what you don't know".

Training is rarely a 'waste of time' or 'not worth the money'.  Admittedly not all you are told on a training course will 'stick' but my experience shows that you will remember that an application can perform a particular task even if you can't remember the exact process.  Unfortunately, in this time of economic uncertainty or doubt, the training budget is usually one of the first casualties in any cut backs.  This is a shame as this really is a false economy.

No comments:

Post a Comment